Sue Das is a Certified Positive Intelligence coach and a Certified Co-Active Coach who coaches people who are too hard on themselves and want to learn to live with more self-compassion and courage.
She and Charlie discuss one of the saboteurs – the “STICKLER” – what it is, how it affects you, and what you can do to turn down its volume.
The Stickler is known for seeking perfection and displays a need for order and organization. But those needs are taken too far. The Stickler takes some great strengths and turns them into disadvantages for self and others. Here are some of the characteristics of someone whose Stickler might be active:
- Punctual, methodical, perfectionist.
- Can be irritable, tense, opinionated, sarcastic.
- Highly critical of self and others.
- Strong need for self-control and self-restraint.
- Works overtime to make up for others’ sloppiness and laziness.
- Is highly sensitive to criticism.
Like the other saboteurs, the STICKLER resides in your LEFT BRAIN and has a loud voice that generally drowns out your wiser self.